Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Introduction - about me and my little ones

Greetings!  A little introduction about me.  I am a physical therapist working in pediatrics.  I have worked in Early Intervention going to families homes, schools, and hospitals.  My blog is geared towards parents (real parents - not the ones who post all the clever stuff on Pinterest, they don't need any help :)). 

I am also the mother of twins and most of the time I am a single mom, I would explain further about that, but that is a whole other blog in itself!  My twins have very different personalities and it wasn't until I had them that I REALLY understood how hard it is just to get through every day, let alone do all the things that are supposed to be so good for our kids.  My twins are almost 8 months old and I wonder every night how we did it, got through the day, without all three completely and utterly breaking down into tears.   A disclaimer - I am not a super mom, I am just normal like most other moms.  I am a fairly good PT I think, and I believe others would agree. 

Jemma and Charlie will likely be examples and stars of this blog, so I should introduce them.  Jemma is VERY stong willed and beautiful.  She takes care of her brother already (she is older by 1 minute).  Charlie is a ham, he loves to giggle and flirt (but doesn't seem to have a taste for dyed blondes).  He usually starts something new first before Jemma, getting up on his hands and knees, saying "dadadada" and "bobobobob", and then Jemma picks up what he's doing and tries it out herself.

I am back to work after taking 5 months off after the twins were born, I am lucky in that I only have to work two days a week, but at the same time - we are pretty tight on money, so none of the information or suggestions I post here will be based on having tons of money, who really has tons anyway!!  After being back to work I realized every day that with just a couple of tips and hints, changes of schedules, changes of habits most families could have avoided needing a PT for their kids.  Most of the kids I work with don't have any kind of disability they just need a little adjustment in their environment to thrive.

I hope you enjoy this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment